Robin Blackburn, based in Kenilworth, New Jersey, is the VP of Global Digital Marketing at Becton and a dedicated marathon runner and mom of two daughters. With over 28 years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, Robin has dedicated her career to improving human health and is currently focused on bridging the gap between health and technology.
As a runner, technology sensors and the data analytics it provides has only helped to improve her fitness and overall health. Robin uses the data gathered on her Garmin Fenix 6s, Oura ring, and My Fitness Pal to inform her training and nutrition plans.
To date, Robin Blackburn has participated in five of the Abbott World Major Marathons, including Berlin, Chicago, London, and two of the New York races. She has also ran in the Phoenix Marathon, Grandma’s Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota, and the San Diego Marathon and enjoys running 5K, 10Ks and half-marathons with her daughter. On March 1st, 2020, Robin was set to run the final Abbott World Major Marathon in Tokyo, but due to the race cancellation over concerns with coronavirus, she will now run the Tokyo Marathon in 2021.
To prepare for a marathon, she completes a 16-20 week training plan comprised of 5-6 days of running per week. Robin is a firm believer in supplements and a healthy, well-balanced diet. Recently, one of her two daughters successfully convinced Robin and the rest of their family to adopt a vegan lifestyle, both for the health benefits it possessed and importantly, to have a positive impact on the environment.
An advocate for health, Robin Blackburn feels fortunate to work in the pharmaceutical industry. For Robin and others working at the intersection of health and technology, the application of innovations in technology, big data, and artificial intelligence have the power to shape the future, presenting an opportunity to make a huge difference in human health.
AVP, Europe/Canada Region Commercial Strategy and Operations, Merck
• Responsible for defining and implementing transformational capabilities and operational excellence within the Region
• Support Region President with P&L and bringing Region back to growth after 5 years of flat to declining performance
AVP, Managed/DN Markets, Merck
• Responsible for growth of $3B base across full product line
• Define and operationalize a differentiated strategy for the progressive
• Delivered differentiated growth in the segment; resulting in >100M upside to net revenue
• Generated C suite and key customer access with top 100 IDNs from <10% to >90% in 12 months
AVP, Primary Care Business Unit, Merck
• Responsible for $2B revenue
• Led team of 10 Directors, 5 Business Analysts, and 1500 Sales
• Stepped in as the Emergency Candidate selected
• Finalized planning and national launch of a combination cholesterol lowering product;
Northwestern University | Kellogg School of Management
Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.)
Oklahoma State University
Bachelor’s of Science in Marketing